Some time ago there was a friend who came to ask for help. He had just bought a new laptop without an operating system. He already tried to install the Windows XP operating system on notebooks, but always alone can not. He said after the aggrement the drive is not detected. The notebook finally got to my table.
Initially I also tried to do the same to ascertain what really happened. But apparently that is arguably true my friend. Finally, I try to get into the BIOS, check the specs and see, apparently this notebook SATA wear.
Previously I've installed Windows XP on a desktop PC with a SATA hard drive and successfully. But when I use the default SATA driver diskette PC. In this case it seems it is not possible for me to do, as well as no SATA drivers, this notebook does not have a disk drive.
Finally I tried googling, and meet the application of N-lite. With this application we can do a re-bundling of Windows XP. With N-lite we can add a specific option in the installation process, either patching, drivers, hotfixes etc.
To re-installer bundled Windows XP, you must have:
1. Installer Windows XP,
2. SATA Drivers in accordance with the specifications notebook / desktop,
3. Blank CD
Okay we start ..
Here are the steps bundling Windows XP installer plus SATA drivers:
- Run the application of N-lite, if you do not have it you can download it here , then install.
- Follow the N-lite until a choice specify Windows XP patch installer that you have, for example, in D: winxp-patch. Then click Next
- N-lite installer will detect your Windows XP. If there are no problems it will display information about the installer you use. Then click Next.
- You will be asked about any task to do.
You simply select the drivers and bootable ISO. But you also can choose other task as you wish and need. Then click Next.
- The next step is to determine where the location of the SATA drivers we prepared (adjust with the SATA drivers on a notebook / desktop that you install).
To insert the driver, you just need to click the Insert button. You will be asked if you would enter only one file or many drivers driver only. In this paper I take multiple drivers. Once you select a single driver or multiple drivers, you will be asked to specify the location of the driver concerned. Determine the location of your SATA driver, and then click OK.
After the process of determining the location of the driver before, you will be faced with many choices SATA drivers. Please adjust with your SATA type. If you are not sure which one, you can choose all of the drivers are displayed. Then click Next.
- N-lite will process all changes to the task that you want. Once the process is complete, the N-lite will display the latest information from the Windows XP installer after plus drivers. Then click Next.
- The last process, the installer Windows XP plus your SATA drivers ready to be stored into an ISO file or you can also directly make the process of burning to CD. Note that this option only appears if you select the bootable ISO on a previous task selection process.
- Wait until the burning process is complete.
- Now you can perform the installation of Windows XP on a SATA drive you using your new installer burning.
Good luck, good luck.
Incoming search terms:
- windows xp sata
- xp sata
- sata drivers
- sata hard drive
- Setup was Unable to format the partition of the disk may be damaged
- sata drivers
- can not install windows xp
- download sata drivers for windows xp
- install xp sata