Some time ago there was a friend who came to ask for help. He had just bought a new laptop without an operating system. He had tried to install the Windows XP operating system on notebooks, but always alone can not. He said after the drive is not detected aggrement process. Finally, the notebook up to my desk.
Initially I also tried to do the same thing to be sure of what really happened. But apparently that is arguably true my friend. Finally, I try to get into the BIOS, check the specs and see, this apparently notebooks use SATA.
Previously I've installed Windows XP on a desktop PC with a SATA hard drive and successfully. But at that time I was using the default SATA driver diskette PC. In this case it seems it is not possible to do, because besides no SATA drivers, this notebook also does not have a disk drive.
Finally I tried googling, and applications to meet N-lite. With this application we can do the re-bundling of Windows XP. With N-lite we can add certain options on the installation process, either patching, drivers, hotfixes etc..
To re-installer bundled Windows XP, you must have:
1 Installer Windows XP,
2 SATA driver in accordance with the specifications of notebook / desktop,
3 blank CDs
Okay we start ..
Here are the steps bundling Windows XP installer plus SATA drivers:
- Run the application of N-lite, if you do not have it you can download it here , then install.
- Follow the instructions until a N-lite patch installer specify choice of Windows XP you have, for example, in the D: winxp-patch. Then click Next
- N-lite installer will detect your Windows XP. If there is no problem it will display information about the installer you use. Then click Next.
- You will be asked about any task you want done.
You simply choose the drivers and bootable ISO. But you also can choose another task as desired and your needs. Then click Next.
- The next process is to determine where the location of the SATA drivers that we prepared (adjust with the SATA drivers on a notebook / desktop that you install).
To insert the driver, you just need to click the Insert button. You will be asked if you would add only one file or many drivers drivers only. In this paper I take multiple drivers. Once you select a single driver or multiple drivers, you will be prompted to specify the location of the driver concerned. Determine the location of your SATA driver, then click OK.
After the process of determining the location of the driver before, you will be faced with many choices of SATA drivers. Please adjust to your SATA type. If you are not sure which one, you can choose all the drivers displayed. Then click Next.
- N-lite will process all the tasks that you want to change. Once the process is complete, the N-lite will display the latest information from the Windows XP installer after plus drivers. Then click Next.
- The last process, the installer of Windows XP plus your SATA drivers are ready to be stored into an ISO file or you can also directly make the process of burning to CD. Note that this option will only appear if you choose the bootable ISO on the previous task selection process.
- Wait until the burning process is complete.
- Now you can perform the installation of Windows XP on your SATA drives use a new installer that you are burning.
Good luck, good luck.
Incoming search terms:
- windows xp sata
- xp sata
- sata driver
- sata hard drive
- Setup was Unable to format the partition the disk may be damaged
- sata drivers
- can not install windows xp
- install xp sata
- install windows xp