Some time ago there was a friend who came to ask for help. He just bought a new laptop without an operating system. He already tried to install the Windows XP operating system on notebooks, but always can not. He said after the aggrement the drive is not detected. Finally the notebook up to my table.
Initially I also tried to do the same thing for sure what really happened. But apparently that is arguably true my friend. Finally, I try to get into the BIOS, check the specs and see, this apparently notebooks use SATA.
Previously I've installed Windows XP on a desktop PC with a SATA hard drive and managed. But when I use the default SATA driver disk PC. In this case it seems it is not possible for me to do, because besides no SATA drivers, this notebook also does not have a disk drive.
Finally I tried googling, and see the N-lite. With this application we can do a re-bundling of Windows XP. With N-lite we could add a certain option on the installation process, either patching, drivers, hotfixes etc..
To re-installer to bundle Windows XP, you must have:
1. Windows XP installer,
2. SATA driver in accordance with the specifications of the notebook / desktop,
3. Blank CD
Okay we start ..
Here are the steps bundling Windows XP installer plus SATA drivers:
- Run the application of N-lite, if you do not have it you can download it here , and then install.
- Follow the N-lite until a specified patch installer option you have Windows XP, for instance in D: winxp-patch. Then click Next
- N-lite installer will detect your Windows XP. If there is no problem it will display information about the installer you use. And then click Next.
- You will be asked about any task to do.
You simply choose the drivers and bootable ISO. But you also can choose another task liking and your needs. And then click Next.
- The next process is to determine where the location of the SATA driver we prepared (adjust with the SATA drivers on a notebook / desktop that you install).
To enter a driver, you just need to click the Insert button. You will be asked if you would add only one file or many drivers only driver. In this paper I take multiple drivers. Once you select a single driver or multiple drivers, you will be prompted to specify the location of the driver concerned. Determine the location of your SATA driver, then click OK.
After the process of determining the location of the driver before, you will be faced with many choices of SATA drivers. Please adjust to your SATA type. If you are not sure which one, you can choose all the drivers displayed. And then click Next.
- N-lite task will process all the changes you want. Once the process is complete, N-lite will display the latest information from the Windows XP installer after plus drivers. And then click Next.
- The last process, the installer of Windows XP plus your SATA drivers are ready to be stored into an ISO file, or you can also make the process of burning directly to CD. Note that this option will only appear if you choose the bootable ISO on a previous task selection process.
- Wait until the burning process is complete.
- Now you can perform the installation of Windows XP on your SATA drive using the new installer you are burning.
Good luck, good luck.
Incoming search terms:
- windows xp sata
- sata driver
- xp sata
- sata hard drive
- Setup was Unable to format the partition the disk may be damaged
- sata drivers
- can not install windows xp
- download sata drivers for windows xp
- install windows xp