Some time ago a friend who came to ask for help. He had just bought a new laptop without an operating system. He had already tried to install Windows XP operating system on notebooks, but always alone can not. He said that after the drive was not detected aggrement process. The notebook finally got to my table.
Initially I also tried to do the same to ascertain what really happened. But apparently that is exactly true of my friends. Finally, I try to get into the BIOS, check the specs and see, apparently this notebook SATA wear.
Previously I had installed Windows XP on a desktop PC with a SATA hard drive and managed. However, when I use the SATA driver diskette default PC. In this case it seems it is not possible for me to do, as well as no SATA driver, this notebook also does not have a disk drive.
Finally I tried googling, and meet the application of N-lite. With this application we can re-bundling of Windows XP. With N-lite we can add a specific option in the installation process, good patching, drivers, etc. hotfix.
To re-installer bundled Windows XP, you must have:
1. Installer Windows XP,
2. Driver SATA accordance with the specifications notebook / desktop,
3. CD blank
Okay we start ..
Here are the steps bundling Windows XP installer plus SATA driver:
- Start the application of N-lite, if you do not have it you can download it here, and then install.
- Follow the N-lite until a choice specify the patch installer Windows XP you have, for example in the D: winxp-patch. Then click Next
- N-lite installer will detect your Windows XP. If no problems will arise information about the installer you use. Then click Next.
- You will be asked about any task you want done.
You simply select drivers and bootable ISO. But you can also choose another task as you wish and need. Then click Next.
- The next process is to determine where the location of the SATA drivers that we prepared (adjust with the SATA drivers on a notebook / desktop that you install).
To insert the driver, you just need to click the Insert button. You will be asked if you would enter only one file or many drivers driver only. In this paper I take multiple drivers. After you select a single driver or multiple drivers, you will be prompted to specify the location of the driver concerned. Determine the location of your SATA driver, and then click OK.
After the process of determining the location of the driver before, you will be faced with many choices SATA drivers. Please adjust to your SATA type. If you are not sure which one, you can choose all the drivers that are displayed. Then click Next.
- N-lite will process all changes to the task you want. Once the process is complete, the N-lite will display the latest information from the installer Windows XP after plus drivers. Then click Next.
- The last process, the Windows XP installer plus your SATA drivers ready to be stored into an ISO file or you can also directly to the process of burning to CD. Note that this option only appears if you select the bootable ISO to the task before the electoral process.
- Wait until the burning process is complete.
- Now you can perform the installation of Windows XP on your SATA drives use a new installer that you are burning.
Good luck, good luck.
Incoming search terms:
- windows xp sata
- xp sata
- sata driver
- sata hard drive
- Setup was Unable to format the partition the disk may be damaged
- can not install windows xp
- sata drivers
- sata driver download for windows xp
- install windows xp