Some time ago there was a friend who came to ask for help. He had just bought a new laptop without an operating system. He had already tried to install Windows XP operating system on notebooks, but always alone can not. He said that after the drive was not detected aggrement process. The notebook finally got to my table.
Initially I also tried to do the same to ascertain what really happened. But apparently that is exactly true of my friend. Finally, I try to get into the BIOS, check the specifications and see, apparently this notebook SATA wear.
Previously I had installed Windows XP on a desktop PC with a SATA hard drive and managed. But then I use a SATA driver diskette default PC. In this case it seems it is not possible for me to do, as well as no SATA driver, this notebook also does not have a disk drive.
Finally I tried googling, and meet the N-lite application. With this application we can do a re-bundling of Windows XP. With N-lite we can add a specific option in the installation process, better patching, drivers, etc. hotfix.
To re-installer bundled Windows XP, you must have:
1. Installer Windows XP,
2. Driver SATA accordance with the specifications of the notebook / desktop,
3. CD blank
Okay we start ..
Here are the steps bundling Windows XP installer plus SATA driver:
- Start the application of N-lite, if you do not have it you can download it here , and then install.
- Follow N-lite until a specified selection installer patch Windows XP you have, for example in the D: winxp-patch. Then click Next
- N-lite installer will detect your Windows XP. If no problems will arise information about the installer you use. Then click Next.
- You will be asked about any task you want done.
You simply select the drivers and bootable ISO. But you can also choose another task as you wish and need. Then click Next.
- The next process is to determine where the location of the SATA drivers that we prepared (adjust with the SATA drivers on a notebook / desktop that you install).
To enter driver, you simply click on the Insert button. You will be asked if you would enter only one file or many drivers driver only. In this article I take multiple drivers. After you select a single driver or multiple drivers, you will be prompted to specify the location of the driver concerned. Determine the location of your SATA driver, and then click OK.
After the process of determining the location of the driver before, you will be faced with many choices SATA drivers. Please adjust to your SATA type. If you are not sure which one, you can choose all the drivers that are displayed. Then click Next.
- N-lite will process all task changes you want. Once the process is complete, the N-lite will display the latest information from the Windows XP installer after plus drivers. Then click Next.
- The last process, the installer Windows XP plus your SATA Driver is ready to be stored into an ISO file, or you can also directly make the process of burning to CD. Note that this option only appears if you select the bootable ISO on previous task electoral process.
- Wait until the burning process is complete.
- Now you can perform the installation of Windows XP on your SATA drives use a new installer you burning.
Good luck, good luck.
Incoming search terms:
- windows xp sata
- xp sata
- sata drivers
- sata hard drive
- Setup was Unable to format the partition the disk may be damaged
- can not install windows xp
- sata drivers
- install xp sata
- sata driver download for windows xp